Trusted service for more than 40 years
The AAA Approved Auto Repair program was established in 1975 to address one of the most frequent consumer complaints: unsatisfactory automobile repairs. Two out of three U.S. drivers do not trust auto repair shops in general, AAA found.1
Drivers can count on our AAA Approved Auto Repair program, which refers members and other consumers every day to facilities that meet and maintain high AAA professional standards. Customers are provided with a written estimate of the cost, including work to be performed, and replaced parts are returned to customers upon request. Today, there are approximately 7,000 AAA approved facilities in the U.S. and Canada offering members:
AAA Service Specialists perform stringent reviews of each facility on a regular basis. All AAA Service Specialists have an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification, along with an extensive background in automotive service in order to address the following:
- Inspection of the facility for cleanliness and proper tools
- Verification of adequate technical training and appropriate technician certifications
- Service Satisfaction Survey of facility customers to obtain their opinions on how well the facility meets their automotive service needs
- Insurance and financial background checks
A committee of AAA club officials makes the final decision as to whether a facility receives approval to become a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility.
The same great batteries available from the AAA Mobile Battery Service are now featured at select AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities. With the purchase of a AAA Battery, you receive4:
- A high-quality AAA Battery that meets or exceeds your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
- A six-year limited warranty with a three-year free replacement period
- Safe disposal and recycling of your old battery
AAA members enjoy these additional benefits:
- Free testing of the battery, starting, and charging systems
- AAA Battery installation included at no additional charge
- Free battery charging and retesting
- AAA mobile warranty service that comes to you, available throughout the U.S. and Canada5
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
1Information taken from “Car Care Survey”, November 2016, American Automobile Association.
2All repairs, both parts and labor, are guaranteed by the AAA Approved Auto Repair facility for 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first, under normal operating conditions, unless otherwise stated in writing. Other restrictions may apply. See facility for details.
3Members save 10% (up to $50) on regularly-priced parts and labor at AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities if discount is requested. Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon. Valid AAA membership card must be presented at a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility at time of service.
4AAA Battery Service is generally provided by independent providers and is only available in select areas during select hours. Batteries and battery warranties are provided by independent suppliers. Batteries are available for most makes and models. Battery prices vary depending on vehicle make and model.
5Warranty valid in the United States and Canada. Copies of the warranties are available for inspection from the technician at any time upon request. Membership Roadside Assistance terms and conditions apply to mobile AAA Battery Service. See the Member Guide for details.