It's not about Trust. It's about Inexperience.
As much as you may trust your teen driver to be cautious behind the wheel, the fact still remains that your new teen driver is an inexperienced driver. AAA wants to help give your teen the driving experience they need to keep them safe and to keep your mind at ease.
The AAA OnBoard® Teen Safe Driver Program offers you and your teen driver a unique opportunity to participate in a program that encourages responsible driving habits. By utilizing the program website and in-vehicle device, you can identify your teen’s driving patterns and behaviors. This information is invaluable to open the lines of communication between you and your teen driver as you teach them responsible driving habits.
Using the AAA OnBoard Teen Safe Driver device and website, you can:
- Create boundary alerts to notify you when your teen arrives or leaves a location, such as school, sporting events, concerts, or work
- Receive an alert when the AAA OnBoard device has been disconnected and then re-connected
- Set speed alerts to automatically notify you through email and/or text when the set speed limit is exceeded
- Configure curfew alerts to identify the times when you allow your teen to drive
- View your teen’s vehicle trip history which includes the date and time of the trip as well as starting and ending locations
- With a click of a button, use the website to instantly locate your teen’s vehicle when you are worried
- AAA OnBoard can automatically send vehicle location when calling Emergency Roadside Assistance
How hard is it to install the AAA OnBoard device?
The AAA OnBoard device is easy-to-install. You can install it yourself, or a technician at one of our participating AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities can do it for you.
Best of all, this program is free to our members and their teens who are AAA OnBoard Insured Program users.2
Teen Driver Facts1
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
1AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Washington D.C. 6/2011